To Our Patients at Timberlake & Shaw Family and Cosmetic Dentistry,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We ask that you take the time to read this letter to know what to expect.
Our tentative plan is to reopen our office for all appointments beginning Monday, May 18th, assuming no further directives from our governor. We want to keep you informed of some of the steps we’re taking and things you can expect when you arrive for your appointment, as well as some things that we ask of you in order to help us create a safe environment for all.
In an effort to keep our patients and ourselves protected during this pandemic we are investing in new protective gear and additional sterilization procedures. We will be charging a $12 PPE fee to cover our costs.
- Prior to your appointment, we will be contacting you for an appointment reminder and also to screen for any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- We ask that you arrive for your appointment as close to your scheduled time as possible to minimize the number of patients in our waiting area. If you drive here, please call us from your car to let us know you have arrived. If we are ready to seat you, we will invite you in. Otherwise, we ask that you remain in your call until we call you back.
- When you arrive, we will take your temperature via a touch-free infrared thermometer. Temperatures over 100.4 degrees F will require us to reschedule your appointment.
- We will be doing daily screening on our employees to ensure our staff are healthy when treating you.
- To minimize viral transmission in the waiting room, we have removed objects that are difficult to regularly sanitize, such as magazines, toys, and the coffee maker.
- Our clinical team will use high volume suction equipment to reduce aerosol spread in the operatory setting whenever possible.
- Our team will be using the best available and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for your appointment. We apologize in advance for the intense appearance as we may be wearing N95 masks, faceshields and/or disposable gowns.
- We will continue to follow our strict sterilization and disinfection protocols between patients.
- When possible, we will attempt to allot extra time for appointments to reduce overlap of patients in the office.
Please call us or email and we will do our best to fit everyone in as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience and understanding of the changes as we try to exercise an abundance of caution in these early stages of reopening. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Craig Timberlake, Dr. Scott Shaw and Staff